Wednesday, June 22, 2011

pura vida

So its my second day here and i love it. it went from being hot and sunny and gorgeous to a complete thunderstorm in a span of 15 minutes, it was an insane experience. i am getting used to the routine of volunteering and the kids are very adorable, they are all victims of abuse and or their parents couldnt keep them because of drug issues or other issues. there are about ten kids there ranging from the age of 4 months to 7 years old. its sad because they really dont have anything to do during the day so i hope to plan different activities for them. we are planning on going to manuel antonio this weekend, it has beautiful beaches and it is know for its jungles and monkeys, im pretty excited. other than that my host mom....the food is not the best we have had soup both nights and that is also my lunch normally for the next day! haha i have spiders all over the windows in my room so its hard for me to fall asleep at night knowing that, and my bed sheets are pretty smelly. I am going to do my laundry at the local laundry mat tomorrow i am pretty sure. anyways i got to go to volunteer so ill hopefully be able to get on later!! pura vida means pure life

No comments:

Post a Comment